Dwyer Series SAH Smart Air Hood
The Series SAH Smart Air Hood Balancing Instrument is the most accurate and easy to operate air flow hood on the market. By using the included hood stand and wireless communications to the handheld, a single operator can balance a branch in less time than traditional balancing teams.
Besides being lighter than most traditional capture hoods, the ergonomic design makes the Series SAH easy to manoeuvre, with less physical stress. The rugged polypropylene base hood features quad flow design technology for controlling airflow and minimising back pressure, which yields superior measurement accuracy.
The wi-fi direct communication gives reliable communication with a distance of up to 183m between the hood and the handheld test instrument.
The SMART Air Hood balancing instrument includes the PredictAir application software which reduces the number of steps in the air flow balancing process using predictive balancing’s express balance mode. Predictive balancing is a method of predicting the optimal flow set point for each register and the order in which they should be adjusted.
Dwyer Instruments was recognised for excellence in product design in the 13th annual Dealer Design Awards Program sponsored by The Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News magazine. An independent panel of contractors acted as judges in the contest that had 88 entries.
The company’s SMART Air Hood balancing instrument was the Bronze Award winner in the testing and monitoring product category. The ACHR News is the leading trade magazine in the heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industries. Click here to read the full announcement.
- Patent pending quad flow design technology directs the circulating air patterns to provide a more even air flow that minimises backpressure enabling accurate readings,
- predictive balancing is a process that guides the balancing technician on setting the optimal flow set point for each sequential terminal. With the PredictAir™ application software, the balancing process takes much less time than traditional air balancing methods,
- the ergonomic design is much lighter and easier to work with than the existing bulky air hoods, providing greater manoeuvrability and less physical strain. One technician can complete the air balancing, and
- wi-fi direct wireless communication provides a range up to 183m.
- Commissioning, testing, adjusting and balancing volumetric air flow from diffusers, grilles, and registers in HVAC systems.
Click here to go to the product page.
Click here to watch the video demonstrating the advantages of Dwyer SAH vs traditional hoods.
Click here to watch the video on how to use the SAH.
Contact Dwyer to know more about the Smart Air Hood.