Learn how to conduct quality facility audits
Facility audits assist in making critical decisions for budgets and in developing effective courses of action to correct deficiencies. SAI Global’s Diploma of Quality Auditing qualification is designed to increase audit and compliance competency.
Facility audits, which are often conducted annually, require a lot of time and resources. However, failing an audit can cost even more money and leave you falling behind. These audits should be part of any strategic facility planning process. They assist in making critical decisions for budgets and in developing effective courses of action to correct deficiencies.
According to SAI Global, which offers the Diploma of Quality Auditing qualification, well-designed audits should:
- assist with business continuity planning
- determine areas for sustainable building improvements
- comply with the new Work Health & Safety Act and regulation, and other regulatory requirements
- project manage and prioritise maintenance requirements and assess the longevity of assets
- determine if the facility still services the functional needs of the business
- determine the best course of action to correct deficiencies by conducting an incident investigation analysis and/or root cause analysis
- identify hazards, risk assessment and risk control processes, and
- provide an understanding of the best ways to allocate the budget.
To facilitate the auditing process, managers and employees should undertake training in this area and gain qualifications, such as the Diploma of Quality Auditing qualification that is offered by SAI Global, which is nationally recognised.
In addition to audit and compliance competencies, SAI Global’s Diploma of Quality Auditing also covers the management of risks and provides a variety of electives to suit workplace development requirements. This qualification and other short training courses are available as an instructor-led or in-house course, and can also be customised to suit unique business needs.
Conducting a facility audit is crucial for sustainable performance and can provide a solution-driven opportunity for positive change and drive efficient business operations.