New book on alternative workplace strategies published
A new book on alternative workplace strategies, Work on the Move – Driving Strategy and Change in Workplaces, has been published. The publication features global workplace experts who analyse how work is changing, the impact it’s having on the workplace and how facility professionals can respond.
Work on the Move is the collaborative effort of more than 20 leading experts in alternative office strategies. The book examines the forces driving workplace change and its effects on facility professionals, providing tools that will allow them to become more strategic leaders in the ongoing workplace revolution.
Diane Coles, Work on the Move editor, states that the book considers not only the role the physical workplace can play in a world of work that’s increasingly global, networked, distributed and virtual, but also how this transformation shapes the facility management profession.
The publication includes forward-looking case studies from around the world and provides practical tools facility professionals can use to take workplace strategies from an idea stage to implementation to measuring their success.
Topics that are addressed include:
- the forces driving workplace change
- the evolution of the office
- workplace strategy – what it is and why it’s important to take the lead
- space planning in an uncertain environment
- leadership development for the 21st century
- change management as a facility management core competency
- the projected impacts of alternative work on facility management
- the role of technology in the workplace, and
- sustainability and the triple bottom line.